- Hybrid working combining Melbourne office-based and work from home
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and support for a small team of Business Analysts
- Be part of our digital transformation journey supporting a once in a lifetime energy transition
Want a better job?
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
We are looking for a Lead Digital Business Analyst to be part of our growing team. You will lead a small team of Analysts overseeing the overall direction, driving an uplift in capability, and helping our teams deliver value across a broad range of projects by collaborating with key stakeholders in the business.
You will be well versed technically with broad range of experiences in digital technologies, possess strong problem-solving skills and a passion for delivering customer centric products.
In this role, you’ll be:
- supporting various stakeholders such as Product Owners and Delivery Leads through the Digital delivery process
- be adept in Agile Product Development - use relevant frameworks and techniques that facilitate discovery and delivery (e.g. story mapping exercise).
- working within Agile project and service delivery cycles & experience in adapting approaches and methodologies to achieve quality & timely solutions for the business
- understanding business problems and working with the Solutions Architects and Technical Leads to design the solution that best meets the customers’ requirements
- optimise delivery by being able to identify and recommend appropriate solutions to complex problems, balancing requirements and technical limitations whilst maintaining the focus on the target outcomes.
- eliciting high level business requirements and translating those into system functionality using, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user surveys, competitor analysis, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- leading Business Analyst community within Digital, host regular community of practice, brown bag events.
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- previous experience working as a lead business analyst or senior business analyst within the energy sector
- experience providing coaching and support within a team(s)
- consultative and open minded, with highly effective communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- previous experience working in scaled Agile operations
This role would be best suited to someone who is both technically minded with a strong digital background and has a natural flair for building robust relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer. We commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.