Corporate Compliance Advisor
Job no: 497189
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Legal & Regulatory
- Sydney CBD location
- Bring your experience in Australian Privacy Law to this varied role
- 12 months Max-Term role
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Compliance Advisor to join our dedicated Corporate Services function. Reporting to the Head of Governance and Assurance, you will be responsible for reviewing, maintaining and embedding privacy frameworks, policies and standards.. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct and drive activities supporting privacy compliance across the business.
- Work collaboratively with the business to deliver a number of privacy initiatives in accordance with a privacy program and
- Provide support on privacy audits (including implementing recommendations) and any regulator inquiries.
- Develop and implement privacy business tools and resources, including delivery of the privacy training program
- Support the Head of Governance and Assurance in preparing clear reporting on privacy activity progress for the Executives and Board
To be successful you will have:
- Prior experience in a legal role, governance role or private practice legal role specialising in governance and privacy matters
- Detailed understanding of Australian Privacy Law, including APP requirements
- Experience in developing and applying good corporate governance practices and frameworks
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with proven experience in influencing and building relationships
- Experience in conducting investigations and introducing improvements
This position will provide compliance guidance and support to the Company on Privacy related matters.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend