Cyber Security Analyst
Job no: 496881
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
• Help build organisational capability in the security space
• Permanent full-time opportunity
• Newly created role based in Melbourne CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are currently looking to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst who will play a critical role in building organisational capability in the security space. Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include actively reviewing, monitoring and analysing Alinta Energy’s systems, responding to cyber security threats and maintaining an up to date knowledge of current cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities to drive continuous improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Update and develop vulnerability scanning and penetration testing reporting requirements and templates
- Perform basic level risk and vulnerability analysis/assessment on select products, including but not limited to: Windows Active Directory, VPN, anti-virus, patches, DLP products, Privileged User Monitoring and log monitoring.
- Participate in ongoing enhancements to the security of existing technologies including network, anti-malware, firewall, IDS/IPS, PKI, etc.
- Monitor and analyse logs and events from a multitude of sources, while using systems including SIEM's, log analysers and threat intelligence sources to determine whether any events could constitute a genuine security incident
- Perform and document attack modelling with input from Cloud SMEs and Cyber Defense stakeholders to identify threats, possible attack scenarios, TTPs, adversary actions and points of exposure
- Coordinate and security events (for malicious or prohibited behaviours, or system faults) using approved tactics, techniques, tools and procedures and escalate events (as needed) for further investigation. Partners with other support organizations and team members as required to address findings.
- Develop business requirements, technical requirements, architecture diagrams, and implementation guidance for security technology deployments ensuring compliance
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in vulnerability analysis and remediation methods
- Knowledge of auditing and remediating Cybersecurity systems
- Experience in use of data classification and management tools
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Incident handling experience
- Strong understanding of the development and application of security policy and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced cyber security individual with an analytical mindset, who is looking to join a growing and fast paced environment.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 22nd October 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend