Engineer - Energy
Job no: 496516
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Merchant Energy
- National growing energy supplier
- Great opportunity for innovative Engineer from energy background
- Permanent full-time roles based in Melbourne CBD
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to over 1 million homes and businesses throughout Australia. As a national energy retailer, our vision and purpose is to become Australia’s most admired energy company with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and reducing the cost of energy.
The operating model of our power generation business continues to evolve, and we are now mobilising a new “Optimisation” team in Melbourne. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a newly formed business unit which creates transformational opportunities, ensures capital expenditure is spent in the right areas and provides clarity around optimal performance and efficiency for our generation assets across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to Head of Optimisation, this role provides technical support under general supervision in relation to engineering, technical analysis and business case development for optimisation projects. This includes:
- Identifying and scoping major investment projects from within our existing portfolio of generation assets
- Implementing innovative new ways of working to improve generation productivity and effectiveness across the existing business
- Providing technical due diligence for acquiring and integrating new generation assets
- Preparing plans and milestones, ensuring delivery of optimisation projects to achieve customer and corporate objectives
To be successful you will have:
- Qualified electrical or mechanical engineer with extensive experience within the power generation industry
- Key characteristics: self-starter, goal oriented, innovative, collaborative, analytical, & problem-solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing a wide range of stakeholders and demonstrated ability to influence and drive improvements
- Passion for continuous improvement and data driven decision making
- Proven project management skill, including the administration and commercial management of optimisation projects, is essential.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 22 May 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend