Senior Channel Manager
Job no: 492946
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 800,000 homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
This varied and exciting role within our East Coast Sales team will see you own the development of new and exciting channel opportunities for our East Coast residential market. You have a direct impact on the success of our business through on-boarding new channels to attract customers to Alinta Energy.
What’s in it for you?
It’s a really exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a clear career path, building on your skills to an extremely bright future!
What you’ll be doing:
- Business cases for new channel for our Retail business
- Developing sales business plan for all channels
- Driving channel innovation and use market insights to deliver new opportunities
- Managing key partner relationships
- Working with operational team to on-board new channels
- Managing external suppliers to deliver execution of sales plans
- Performance reporting, analysis and management
- Monitoring channel resourcing and quality compliance in external partners
- Delivering process and performance improvements
- Provide insights to Sales & Marketing team enabling product & pricing innovation
What we’re looking for:
- 5 – 7 years’ success in a senior channel position within a retail environment
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or financial discipline
- Proven experience establishing and operating sales channels in high volume consumer markets such as energy, telco and financial services
- Demonstrated understanding of contracts and deal terms
- Highly developed commercial acumen and entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly effective negotiator and stakeholder manager
- Proven track record in meeting set objectives, deadlines and financial targets
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Decisive and calm in dynamic environments
- Acts like an owner
- Willingness to travel interstate for several days up to 2 times per month
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing date: 23rd October 2017
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend