Job no: 492944
Work type: Full time
A bit about us:
As a national energy supplier, our vision & purpose is to become Australia’s most admired Energy Company transforming positive energy into sustainable growth.
Alinta Energy began retailing gas in WA and we’re now a diverse company operating 9 power stations, managing fuel sources & transportation and ensuring competitive prices through our wholesale market operations. We retail electricity and gas in Victoria and SA and are the new retailer in NSW and Queensland. The future will see us expanding throughout Australia.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Finance Manager of Power Generation you will provide financial stewardship of our power generation assets, assisting with financial compliance as well as forecasting. Utilising your business partnering skills to drive business performance you will consistently deliver while contributing to wider team goals through continuous improvement of processes and systems by identifying opportunities and implementing solutions.
This is an opportunity to further your career in an industry experiencing huge growth, utilising your initiative and judgment within a supportive team environment. You will experience real career momentum at Alinta Energy.
Here’s the role in more detail:
- Prepare financial and statistical reports for the Power Generation business providing power station managers with performance insights
- Understand key contracts and ensure obligations are met
- Liaise with auditors to assist with a timely and efficient audit process
- Ensure business complies with regulatory, governance and community requirements taking appropriate actions and supporting the implementation of preventative strategies
- Deliver financial budgeting and planning activities
- Provide communication and insight into the business plan to drive accountability and achievement
What we're looking for:
- Completed CA/CPA
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting, budgeting and management reporting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- A strong team player who can work autonomously when required
- Systems experience with TM1, Cognos BI or Ellipse accounts package
- Taking personal accountability for development, including, where appropriate, keeping up to date professionally regarding accounting practices
- Your willingness to take the initiative while working in a very fluid environment, without defined structures, will be the key to success
You work with people that know success first hand. They share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
People matter at Alinta Energy… let’s spread the positive energy together!
Closing date: 20th October 2017
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend