- Hybrid working combining Melbourne or Perth office-based and work from home
- Lead a small team and ensure the delivery of high-quality digital solutions
- New role in a supportive and inclusive workplace fostering strong collaboration
Want a better job?
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
The Lead Software Engineering – Website plays a central role in overseeing Alinta's website assets, drive technical strategy, solution design and delivery of various projects with a cross functional team. Success in this role will be defined by your in depth AEM system knowledge whilst effectively blending technical expertise with strong interpersonal collaboration with key stakeholders in the business.
You will be responsible for building, managing, and supporting our websites on Adobe suite (AEM in particular). You will be part of a broader team that enables and facilitates delivery of exceptional customer experiences through building of content, websites analytics and on-going optimisation.
In this role, you’ll be:
- driving the team’s focus to maximise the use of Adobe platform, using your expertise in AEM.
- leading and motivating the development team, support the end-to-end delivery of solutions ensuring alignment with business strategic goals.
- Architect and oversee solutions, write and implement efficient code in accordance with the Alinta’s technology standards.
- Drive the upskilling and guidance of Developers to analyse problems, assess solution options / approaches and document complex requirements of users.
- ensuring that test automation is consistently practiced and leveraged as a key delivery enabler
- providing technical advice to stakeholders and helps define the team-based standards for programming tools and techniques
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- in depth knowledge of AEM SaaS applications, AEM Components and Templates, Workflows, Taxanomy, Metadata Mgmt, Versioning and Publishing Pages, Tagging, JCR/CRX Repository Concepts & Node, Properties, content and assets migrations and leading large-scale web projects.
- familiarity with Azure DevOps practices including CI / CD
- sound communication skills to converse with technical and business stakeholders
- understanding of digital marketing tools like SEO, marketing automation, web analytics
- familiar with customer journey mapping, personas and UX best practices would be highly regarded
This role would be best suited to someone who is both technically minded with a strong IT background and has a natural flair for building robust relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
Alinta Energy is a 2024 Circle Back Initiative employer. We commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.