Job no: 497868
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Strategy, Finance, Retail Markets
- Be part of a commercially focussed team who are committed to continuous improvement
- Use your experience with BI and reporting to help shape Alinta's digital transformation journey
- Help develop our Cloud data assets
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Retail Markets team on a 12-month Max term contract. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders to understand business and customer problems, articulate objectives and translate requirements into user stories to sustain our continuous delivery pipeline.
Your work will guide our retail team to make strategic commercial decisions based on the deep analysis and evidence you provide.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that updated data mapping can be applied to business requirements to support continuity of reporting
- Defining initiative objectives & success measures
- Performing current state and change impact analysis
- Identifying, documenting, and driving business process improvements
- Capturing and prioritising business requirements – functional and non-functional
- Creating user stories and author acceptance criteria in collaboration with SMEs, developers & testers.
To be successful you will have:
- Competency with SQL and experience with data warehouses
- Exposure to a range of presentation tools such as Power BI
- Experience working within an agile delivery team in a continuous delivery environment
- Advanced communication skillset with the ability to tailor presentation style, format and level of detail to the audience
- Superior influencing skills, including highly developed written and verbal communication
- Process mapping
- Advanced agile business analysis skillset, incorporating
- User story decomposition
- Acceptance criteria scenario definition
This is a great opportunity to support Alinta Energy’s retail business to implement best-in-class processes and systems and to ensure reporting transitions to new data sources in line with the requirements defined by the business.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
• Flexible work options for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
• Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Salary Packaging options
• Full access to Headspace Application
• Salary continuance insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Purchased leave
• Community volunteer leave
• Access to LinkedIn learning
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend