Job no: 497347
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- National energy supplier
- Based in Melbourne CBD
- Full-time position
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
About the role:
This position provides technical support for engineering, analysis, and business case development for power generation optimisation projects. This includes:
- Identifying and scoping major investment projects from within our existing portfolio of generation assets
- Implementing innovative new ways of working to improve generation productivity and effectiveness
- Providing technical due diligence for acquiring and integrating new generation assets
- Preparing plans and milestones, ensuring delivery of optimisation projects to achieve customer and corporate objectives
- Applications for variations to regulators to change connection and licencing arrangements
- Management of consultants and contractors completing detailed scopes of work in support of optimisation projects
You will have tertiary qualifications in both electrical engineering and renewable energy plus at least 2 years’ experience within the power generation industry working with gas turbines, boilers, reciprocating engines, and renewable generation assets. Proven experience in the operation of west coast and east coast energy markets as well as administration and coordination of optimisation projects is essential.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 8 December 2020. Only applications including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, along with a resume (both in the one attachment), will be considered.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend