Job no: 497308
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Location: Australia wide
Categories: Legal & Regulatory, Retail Markets
- Brand new opportunity for an energy regulatory compliance professional
- Flexibility to work from home a couple of days a week
- Flexible location - anywhere in Australia - generous salary
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an energy regulatory compliance professional to join a new team, partner with the business and provide advice on regulatory compliance project matters. Flexibility to work from our Melbourne, Sydney or Perth office or work from home from anywhere else in Australia on a 12 month maximum term salaried contract.
The project involves the development and implementation of a brand new utility billing and CRM system for our large commercial and industrial (C&I), small to medium enterprises (SME}) and residential gas and electricity customers across the NEM and Western Australia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a compliance framework
- Oversee the development and implementation of regulatory compliance reporting
- Provide regulatory compliance advice on the development and implementation of a new system to ensure compliance with energy regulations, codes and guidelines
- Assist the technical development teams with translating complex regulatory compliance obligations into technical system requirements
- Assist in the maintenance of an accurate risk/decisions register to ensure visibility
- Ensure upcoming regulatory reform changes are understood and planned for
- Support the investigation and remediation of any potential compliance breaches
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in the retail energy sector
- Proven familiarity with legislation pertaining to retail energy, energy markets procedures and regulatory guidelines and codes
- Experience providing regulatory compliance support to business units
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a strong ability to influence outcomes
- Ability to apply a balanced compliance and business lens and simplify compliance complexity to facilitate understanding
- Enjoys being part of a high performing team, yet is able to be self-sufficient with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a brand new team and make a difference within a transformational and highly visible project.
You will have the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the project and be called on for your compliance expertise.
Let’s spread the positive energy together...
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend