Wholesale Regulation Manager
Job no: 497174
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
- Great opportunity to build and establish a strategy on wholesale market development issues
- Sydney or Melbourne CBD Location
- Rewarding salary and benefits
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Wholesale Regulation Manager who can think commercially to join our dynamic national Regulatory & Government Affairs team based in Melbourne or Sydney. Reporting to Manager, National Wholesale Regulation, this role will work closely with East Coast Merchant Energy business to establish a strategy on wholesale market development issues and implement the strategy through influencing policy makers and industry.
The Wholesale Regulation Manager will also advise the business on its wholesale energy market compliance obligations and ensure the business has the tools to comply with East Coast wholesale energy markets rules and regulations.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake both qualitative and quantitative analysis of proposed east coast wholesale market developments to assist in identifying Alinta’s advocacy strategy
- Prepare compelling written submissions to influence outcomes in respect of changes to applicable market rules and regulations
- Provide expert advice to business to assist in maximising commercial opportunities within regulatory constraints.
- Provide support for west coast policy and regulatory matters as required
- Prepare and present wholesale market rules training modules on high risk compliance issues
- Manage east coast wholesale compliance register
- Provide regulatory input and support to assist the business with on-time project delivery, as required
To be successful you will have:
- A degree or professional qualification in Economics, Commerce, Business, Law or equivalent
- Experience in wholesale energy market regulation and analysis in the NEM.
- A strategic thinker with the capacity for independent judgement
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including building and maintaining relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- Experience in drafting and/or interpreting market rules, legislation, regulations and codes
Stakeholder management and influencing skills is the key to succeed in this role as you will prepare and present information sessions to internal stakeholders on key regulatory and policy changes as they occur
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Closing date : 13 July 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend