Senior Legal Manager – Corporate & IT
Job no: 497143
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Legal & Regulatory
- Gain exposure to a diverse range of matters
- Flexible with location - Sydney or Melbourne
- Permanent full-time position
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Manager to join our Corporate Services team. Reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary, you will provide support to a diverse range of corporate business units including, corporate finance, IT and the commercial business units. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and advice to Group Finance, consisting of Treasury, Finance and Tax teams on debt arrangements, intercompany transactions, corporate transactions, dividend, capital return processes, debt covenant compliance.
- Advising on Group Finance and IT legal issues, including compliance requirements such as FIRB Condition compliance, privacy and information management.
- Delivery of training, education and awareness of legal and compliance requirements.
- Instructing and managing external legal advisors.
- Providing support and advice on contractual arrangements and drafting contracts.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience (Approx. 7 years +) with a major law firm or in-house counsel role.
- A law degree admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction with current certificate.
- Prior experience as a Corporate/Commercial Lawyer with diverse experience across areas such as corporate finance, project finance, commercial contracts and/or IT.
- Proven ability in transforming legal issues into workable solutions within a business context.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communication with employees at all levels of the business.
- A passion to work closely with the business to achieve commercial objectives and a keen awareness of business strategy.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Corporate/Commercial focused Senior Lawyer/Legal Manager who is looking to bring their previous commercial/corporate legal experience to this varied role. You will be a key member of the legal leadership team and have exposure and oversight to a diverse range of commercial matters.
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend