Network & Metering Relations Manager
Job no: 497681
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Challenging, fast paced, innovative and collaborative work culture
- Exciting opportunity to utilise your strong networking and stakeholder management skills to influence and support the business
- Permanent full-time role based in Melbourne- Southbank
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower emissions.
Reporting to the Manager Billing & Metering, the Network & Metering Relations Manager will manage network and metering relationships through stakeholder communications for the key Alinta Energy business unit of Customer Operations. This role will influence Network & Metering participants and manage interactions with both internal and external stakeholders using effective project management methods. The role will work closely with the General Manager and GM direct reports for guidance and to ensure market compliance with rules and regulations. You will strive for improved delivery of Retailer customer experience and fair operational and commercial outcomes for our business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Accountability across all interactions with Network & Metering participants to lead the business in meeting strategic goals and influencing industry participants
- Pro-active development and facilitation of regular forums to meet with network & metering partners, review performance results and establish effective SLAs
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that processes and systems meet commercial, regulatory, legal, financial, and technical requirements
- Continuously look for improvement in current processes using project management to support the roll out of changes to the business, engaging teams from GM level down
- Manage the internal dissemination of external communication or updates from the industry & networks to support the roll out of changes to affected and informed areas across the Alinta business
- Be the key escalation contact point for queries from all relevant industry & networks providers and assist in month end operational and performance reporting
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing external and internal stakeholders and enabling growth through partnership with external participants
- Strong influencing skills at GM and direct report to GM level
- Ability to project manage outcomes for changes to be brought into the business
- Understanding of customer operations and delivery led culture with high-level analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Commerce or related discipline
- Previous energy industry experience and knowledge of AEMO policy and procedures will be highly regarded
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated prior success within customer operations environment with a proven track record in delivering results. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is committed to driving change and building strong relationships across the business and with Network Providers and Metering Participants.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend