Cloud Systems Engineer - Security
Job no: 496782
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Adelaide
Categories: Information Technology
- Full-time Permanent role based either in Adelaide or Melbourne
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Utilise your expertise in the cloud transformation program
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Systems Engineer- Security to join our dynamic IT team. Reporting to Cloud Services Manager, the Cloud/Systems Security engineer is responsible to build, implement & manage security for Cloud hosted systems (Azure & AWS) solutions, firewalls & security risk assessments of systems including SaaS offerings.
The Cloud/Systems Security engineer will also be responsible for the day to day running and support cloud Hybrid environment in Azure, Azure AD and AWS, using standard processes and tools that enable and optimise delivery of new Cloud Services supporting business operations. The role will also be responsible for operations support of systems hosted on Alinta’s IaaS and PaaS platforms including Microsoft Windows Servers while giving a security focus to this support.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience operating in various technical roles supporting IT systems including, Azure AD, Firewalls, Windows Systems, Active Directory, Virtualized environments and Secuirty Patching
- Technical experience of Cloud Security Service technologies and architectures specifically Azure and AWS environments.
- Experience in successfully implementing new security support strategies, tools and monitoring that deliver, service improvement and improved security and system uptime.
- Strong relationship building skills, business acumen, a strong customer focus, analytical intelligence and innovative thinking.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills across all levels within IT
- Prior experience in dealing with 3rd party vendors / solution partners
- Adhere to policies, processes and procedures
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IDS, Proxy, Cloud Proxy, VPN, routing & switching protocols
- Outstanding customer service skills and attention to detail
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 22 Sep 2019
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend