Senior Insights Analyst - Retail
Job no: 496667
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Permanent full-time role based in Melbourne
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Support Retail activities and results through data-based insights and predictions
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million electricity and gas retail accounts in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
About the Role:
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy as we undergo a large Enterprise transformation. We are looking for an experienced Senior Insights Analyst to join our BI team based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Retail BI Manager, this role will support the Retail business through the analysis of large and varied internal and third-party datasets and provide customer insights and analytics solutions. The successful candidate will be required to validate, analyse and forecast complex data sets to a high degree of accuracy, in a robust and efficient manner.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Use a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations
- Support retail activities and results through data-based insights and predictions
- Provide proactive analytical support for customer opportunities around market and customer behavior, consumption volumes, product development, etc
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to discover solutions and improve business outcomes
- Data validation and testing to ensure quality of data products
- Develop and document business rules around data to ensure consistent and clear reporting
To be successful you will have:
- Experience of manipulating and analysing over 1 million customer records and multi-million transactional records
- Experience with customer base segmentation and behaviour/propensity modelling
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities combined with a strong attention to detail, with understanding of predictive and statistical modelling techniques such as regression, segmentation and clustering
- Hands-on experience in SQL, Excel and analytics tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS, Alteryx)
- Experience with data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience in data, processes and reconciliations related to billing, payments, credit/debt, pricing
The candidate will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and will have a strong focus on data driven insights for business.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 21 June 2019.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend