Commercial Credit Officer
Job no: 496636
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- 12 Months Max-Term contact role based in Perth-CBD
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Support Customer Operations teams in efficient execution of daily collection processes
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for a Commercial Credit Officer to join our Customer Operations team based in Perth. Reporting to WA Credit & Payments Manager, the role predominately focuses on “in-the-business” activities to ensure efficient execution of daily collection processes including generating outbound customer communications, phone calls, reconciliations, monitoring and performance reporting to deliver on financial targets.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Operate daily collection processes including outbound and inbound customer communications
- Commercial negotiations to resolve disputes
- Conducting credit risk assessments and reports to support the sales team with commercial customer acquisitions and recontract renewals
- Engage with Sales units to support acquisition and renewal campaigns with risk mitigation, segmentation and credit assessment intelligence
- Various periodic reporting tasks of cash flows, bad debt exposure, actuals v forecasts
- Support in monthly account reconciliations and general ledger activities, including payments, credit adjustments, and refunds
To be successful you will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a commercial credit function
- Detailed understanding of credit management and collections techniques
- Proven track record of operational performance in a credit role
- Detailed knowledge of CRMs and CISs
- Experience working with external agencies
- Understanding of the regulatory and commercial aspects of electricity and gas markets
- Detailed knowledge of credit management techniques
- Proven effectiveness in stakeholder management
The candidate will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external customers and will have a strong focus on customer experience
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 01 July 2019.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend