Data Visualisation Analyst
Job no: 496634
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Permanent full-time role based in Perth-CBD
- Excellent opportunity to utilise your Tableau, SQL, BI reporting, visualisation of data skills.
- Highly collaborative and supporting fast paced environment
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million electricity and gas retail accounts in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
About the Role:
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy as we undergo a large Enterprise transformation. We are looking for a Data Visualisation Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team based in Perth. Reporting to Data Visualisation Lead, the primary objective of the role is to deliver reports and dashboards using best practice data visualisation tools and techniques. The role supports development and maintenance of Tableau reports and dashboards, working collaboratively with team to deliver efficient, effective, sustainable and valuable outcomes for the business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide reports, dashboards or data extracts as requested using visualisation tool (Tableau) or other delivery methods as appropriate
- Assist users in developing their ability to self-serve their data and visualisation requirements
- Support the production of documentation, procedures and guidelines relating to the BI applications
- Provide assistance in ensuring appropriate administration of the BI environment
- Support BI systems with timely resolution of incidents and service requests
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development, and continuous improvement of the BI applications through user interaction
- Assist users in Tableau and contribute to the development of governance around the use of Tableau and its outputs
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to discover solutions and improve business outcomes
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary level qualification in business, IT, information management or similar
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, directed to end-users/consumers, technical teams or management at all levels in the organisation
- Demonstrated data/information visualisation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working or academic knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of relational databases and data structures
- Knowledge/experience of visualisation tools as Tableau or Qlikview or PowerBI, and Excel
- Good people skills, engagement and consultative nature with customer service as a priority
- Desirable to have experience in the retail energy/utility sector or equivalent large (>1m) consumer base in telecommunication, finance, insurance industries
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend