Senior Mechanical Project Development Engineer
Job no: 496613
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent Full time role based in Perth-CBD
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Bring your engineering experience in development of greenfield and brownfield projects
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are currently seeking Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join our Asset Strategy team based in Perth. Reporting to Manager, Project Development, the primary objective of the role is to work with Alinta’s current and potential customers and within the Asset Strategy Business Unit to develop robust power solutions to support the sustained performance and growth of the Merchant Energy division of Alinta Energy.
The role has a broad engineering focus on the development of power solutions within Australia to meet Alinta’s customers’ needs with a key function of the role being to assist in the development of greenfield and brownfield projects to final investment decision. Whilst the role has a generalist engineering requirement there is a specific focus on the mechanical engineering aspects of a project under development. The role encompasses the coordination of the interfaces with existing assets, the owners and managers of the other Alinta Energy groups.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the business development team during ideation, pre-feasibility and feasibility study phases for prospective development projects
- Provide guidance on the technical and performance requirements for new projects across the group
- Monitor progress and initiate remedial action where required to ensure the engineering aspects of development projects are completed on time, within quality requirements and within budget
- keeping abreast of government and regulatory obligations, taking appropriate actions and supporting the implementation of mitigating strategies
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Professional member, chartered member or fellow of Engineers Australia
- Project development or project management experience on infrastructure projects from $10m to $100m+
- Able to work independently and part of a cross functional team
- High level communication, interpersonal, influence and negotiation skills
- Well organised, self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects to meet deadlines
- High level conceptual, analytical and interpretive skills
- Expertise in project management software such as Primavera or MS Project
- Engineering experience within the power generation industry
- 10 years’ experience in utility scale power generation design, operations, maintenance, engineering or management
- Design, operations, maintenance, engineering or management experience in large scale gas reciprocating engines and generators
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend