Job no: 496460
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: NZ - Glenbrook
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time role based at Glenbrook Power Station
- Opportunity to challenge your skills in a complex plant environment
- Competitive salary on offer
A bit about us:
At Glenbrook Power Station, south of Auckland, Alinta Energy utilizes waste gases from New Zealand Steel’s iron making process to produce steam, drive turbines and generate electricity. Achieving continuity of operations while meeting all regulatory requirements is critical. Our maintenance team of 6 coordinates outages, implements maintenance procedures and ensures compliance with codes of practice.
A bit about the role:
We have a unique opportunity for a mechanical trades person to join our team. The successful candidate will be a strong team worker with excellent communications skills and a continuous improvement mindset. You will develop and execute the maintenance program including preventative and corrective maintenance, job plans and safe systems of work. Job responsibilities includes
- Investigating plant and equipment faults in a timely manner including the provision of call out support when required, troubleshooting and developing action plans with accurate scoping and specification of remedial work.
- Assisting in budget preparation, monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
- Ensuring all maintenance data is recorded, maintained and available for analysis and audit.
- Ensuring all statutory codes and regulations where applicable are complied with.
What we’re looking for:
- Mechanical trade certificate, NZCE or equivalent
- Experience in maintenance of boilers, steam turbines and auxiliary plant
- Contractor management and supervision experience
- Computer literacy and skilled in using MS Office
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed fault finding on complex machinery / systems
- Strong problem-solving skills to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues
- Understanding of strategy-based maintenance principles, condition-based monitoring practices, reliability centred maintenance and quality management systems
- Ability to provide scope or specifications for project work and/or consultants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking for someone who will display an aptitude for problem solving in their area of expertise, plus always think of safety first and promote a culture of zero harm.
What’s in it for you
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy at Glenbrook Power Station. We have a new look maintenance team and need people who share our passion. This is an opportunity to work with a dedicated team coming together to conquer a huge variety of technical challenges.
Every new maintenance task is a puzzle. It’s an opportunity to question your approach and thinking. It’s an invitation to move beyond the accepted to find what’s next. Every challenge you conquer changes you, deepens your understanding. You’re always growing at Alinta Energy.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend